Website Premier Packaging Corporation
Full service packaging and folding carton provider.
At Premier Packaging the role of a Folder Gluer Setup Operator is a dynamic, high-performing team player with a positive attitude to work both independently and as a team with our other Folder Gluer Setup Operators and Feeder/Packers. Your primary responsibility will be to setup and maintain folding boxboard operations by operating and adjusting equipment; maintaining quality, supplies, and equipment. This is a critical role and we will provide you with the training and the tools for you to succeed in this industry. In general, this position is responsible for the daily setup and operations of our folder/gluer machines that create finished packaging. The Folder Gluer Setup Operator maximizes production and efficiencies while achieving superior product quality control for the machines assigned. This role may be responsible for overseeing production workers on certain machines.
- Set up and operate folder/gluer machine to maximize production while achieving quality control metrics and production rate for products produced.
- Maintains quality by monitoring equipment operation; completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs.
- Partner with the Supervisor and Scheduler to ensure production scheduling requirements are being met.
- Perform quality control checks for all jobs running on folder gluers.
- Assists in training other individuals and team members when required.
· Must be able to start/stop machine and clear/remove line jams and perform simple trouble shooting.
· Review production progress throughout the shift to measure against daily goals.
· Execute Machine setups to maximize efficiencies and come up with creative solutions as needed.
· Partner with the Supervisor to understand and take action on machine equipment needs at the start of the shift.
· Maintain the shop floor and ensure that it is organized, uncluttered, safe, and in clean conditions throughout the shift.
· Performs routine machine maintenance.
· Monitors the entire folding and gluing to ensure quality.
- Ability to be on your feet for the duration of an 8+ hour shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs frequently and up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform basic math skills and problem-solving.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
· Frequent bending and stooping.
- Follows all safety procedures when operating all manufacturing equipment or when handling chemicals.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to follow directions and work as a team
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Attentive, teachable, and dependable
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to learn new tasks and accept new responsibilities
- Must be able to accept work instructions on a daily basis.
About Premier Packaging
For over 25 years Premier has been a market leader in providing Innovative and Secure Solutions for Printing and Packaging. Premier is the Packaging, Security and Commercial Printing division of DSS, Inc.
With operations based in West Henrietta, NY and distribution facilities on both coasts of the U.S. we service a variety of nationally and regionally based customers. Our client list includes customers in the medical device, consumer goods, photo marketing and food industries.
We differentiate ourselves by being a full service, end-to-end solution provider that is large enough to be a complete resource to even our largest clients but still remain nimble enough to react to ever changing market and customer demands when necessary.
Innovative and Secure Solutions for Printing and Packaging.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.