Website Immediate Mailing Service Inc.
industry-leading communications company
Reports to: Director of Operations
Full Time: Monday – Friday 3:30 pm – 12:00 am
Exempt: Starting at $68,000 annually
The people we serve come from all walks of life, and so do we. We strive to diversify our workforce, not because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger!
Who we are
From our humble beginnings in 1986 to an industry-leading communications company, we continue to invest in our people, technology, and job stability. We take pride in our ability to provide excellent service to a large and diverse clientele that includes many top-tier performers in financial services, insurance, credit unions, community banks, healthcare, and government agencies. IMS Direct provides an assortment of services ranging from electronic print-mail applications to personalized variable data printing, in addition to various other letter shop capabilities. Our customer-focused service has developed our client base, spanning a broad base of industries throughout the United States and Canada.
Assistant Operations Manager
We are seeking an energetic, proactive assistant production manager to streamline production under the supervision of our production manager. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate exceptional planning abilities, which would ultimately translate to high production rates. Outstanding assistant production managers are excellent negotiators who solve production issues decisively. Some responsibilities include:
· Ensures the facility operates efficiently and in accordance with facility goals.
· Coordinates with the Director of Operations to establish goals and criteria for performance evaluations for assigned staff.
· Ensures that assigned departments comply with company policies and safety standards.
· Coordinates with the Director of Operations to respond to employee concerns or complaints.
· Operates various equipment and performs essential maintenance as needed.
· Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, departmental customers, and other related individuals.
· Directing employees in the facility ensures the production process’s smooth running.
· Ensuring that production is completed before deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must be able to follow directions carefully and have strong attention to detail while multitasking. Must have a strong sense of teamwork and accountability. Must be able to use a computer, be proficient in Excel, and have basic word processing and e-mail skills. We require applicants to understand basic math using copiers, postage meters, pallet jacks, and hand tools. You must regularly stand, walk, crouch, bend, or kneel; use repetitive motion of hands or wrists; finger, grasp, handle or feel; reach with arms and hands.
Conditions of Employment
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds, push 1000 pounds on a load-bearing cart, carry 25 pounds, and pull 200 pounds.
· Bachelor’s or associate’s degree, with coursework in production management, operations management, or similar.
· At least five years of related experience or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience to provide necessary knowledge and abilities, with at least three years of supervisory experience required.
· Ability to supervise production teams confidently and proactively.
· Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns.
· Ability to work independently under the Production Manager and as part of a production team.
Did you know
IMS Direct offers health, dental, and vision insurance. Additionally, we provide a 401(k), PTO, and paid holidays.
IMS Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. IMS Direct is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age and immigration status. IMS has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek employees and customers from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.