Unlike digital media, print cannot be easily ignored by simply selecting the delete button or removing it from your desktop without reading a single word of the message. Print is tangible. Your printed message must be handled by your target audience, which may be why direct mail has a higher read rate than an email blast.
We wanted to share with you a few statistics regarding the power of print and direct mail:
- Print Gets Read – Eight in 10 households either read or scan advertising mail sent to their household.
- Print Gets Response – Perhaps because your print message is read, print can deliver very strong results. For example, catalogs have the second highest response rate following only telemarketing.
- Print Influences Consumer Decisions – Over three-fourths of customers have been directly influenced to make a purchase or inquiry because of a direct mailing they received.
- Print Drives New Business – Are you looking to introduce your business to new prospects? Thirty nine percent of customers tried a business for the first time because of direct mail marketing.
- Print Leads to Repeat Business – Maybe you are looking for a way to convert “former customers” into “current customers”? Seventy percent of customers have renewed a business relationship because of a direct mail promotion they received.
- Print Increases Online Search – Your website can be considered your 24/7 sales person; print can help guide people to your digital presence. Studies show that 67% of online brand searches are driven by print messages. Furthermore, 39% of these searches will ultimately lead to a sale.
So, when you’re creating a marketing campaign and you want to increase your reach and frequency, remember to choose print.