Mailpiece Design Consultant Certification Course
The Mailpiece Design Consultant (MDC) Certification virtual workshop will be presented via ZOOM for four consecutive days in October, with the October 26th session including a “Postal Update” presentation by Leo Raymond of Mailers Hub.
The workshop provides certification in understanding and designing mail for automation. It also coaches mailers on how to achieve lower postage prices through automation design for themselves and their customers.
It is essential for mailers to get their mail accepted, receive U.S. Postal discounts, speed mail delivery for themselves and their customers and avoid USPS penalties. Therefore, the objectives of this workshop are:
- Learn the basics of mailpiece design and what is required for automation postage discounts and faster processing through the U.S. Postal System.
- Find out “WHAT NOT TO DO” to prevent your mail from being rejected, returned, damaged or charged a costly penalty.
- Find out where to go for help for questions, design support and apply the correct postage.
- Find out how your company can reap the benefits of Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMb) tracing and tracking with Informed Delivery and Informed Visibility.
- Find out about how to keep up to date.
- Those who need recertification, those responsible for mail processing, CSRs, Graphic Designers or salespeople should consider attending. Certification lasts for two years.
The approximately four hour review focuses on ten chapters of the MSMA MDC Study Guide (an MDC Study Guide and sample questions will be emailed to all registrants one week prior to the virtual review) and covers: classes of mail, mailpiece design, commercial mail preparation requirements and extra services. Review questions are presented and answered after each chapter and, of course, questions can be asked along the way. An online exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions. Participants will have 4 hours to complete the exam and it can be taken one more time at no additional cost. A personalized certificate can be printed upon successful completion.
Monday, October 23, 2023 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EDT
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EDT
Wednesday, October 25, 2023 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EDT
Thursday, October 26, 2023 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EDT (Leo Raymond “Postal Update” starts at 2:00 pm EDT)
Our instructor is James (Jim) C. Barlow, Jr., CMDSM, EMCM, MDP, MDC, President/Principal Consultant for Mail Systems Management Consultants. He is a seasoned manager and leader with a diverse business background and over 30 years in the mailing industry providing expertise, guidance and solutions to commercial printing and mailing companies as well as numerous mail service engagements including 13 years supporting outsourced management offerings for Xerox Global Services. Jim is a MSMA certified Mail and Distribution Systems Manager (CMDCM), a USPS Executive Mail Center Manager (EMCM), a USPS Mailpiece Design Professional (MDP) and a MSMA Mailpiece Design Consultant (MDC). He is a highly rated speaker and frequently presents at the National Postal Forum, MAILCOM, MSMA Chapters and various USPS Postal Customer Council Education Seminars. In addition, Jim is Past-President and current Executive Board Member of the Washington Metro Chapter of the MSMA, Past Industry Chairman and current Executive Board member of the Greater Baltimore Postal Customer Council, Printing and Graphics Association of Mid-Atlantic (PGAMA) member and an approved consultant for Mailers Hub.