Website Ashton Potter
The Pre-Press Technician position involves preparing customer supplied artwork for print production using a variety of software applications. The candidate is required to have solid communication skills, a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, willingness to perform repetitive tasks, and the ability to perform under pressure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Job Pre-Flight and Job Assembly
· Produce digital proofs and print-ready artwork, including imposition and trapping.
· Proficient in new software programs and versions as needed.
· Operates with deadlines to an established production schedule.
· Maintains accurate management of digital files and archiving.
· Produces offset plates as required using various programs, imposition software, RIP, to CTP Imaging.
· Produces flexographic plates as required.
· Possess good color management skills and color evaluation.
· Assists with departmental responsibilities by maintaining inventory and supplies.
· Performs routine maintenance on all equipment in department.
Good communication, documentation, and organizational skills. Analytical approach and attention to details and process flows. The ability to maintain and repair equipment as needed, and work overtime to meet customer or management deadlines.
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE
Completion of specialized training beyond high school, such as a two-year vocational/technical training program in graphic design or a related field, is required.
At least two years of experience is required using a computer to manipulate digital multicolor and four-color files. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software is required. Experience with Preps Imposition software Prinergy Workflow if preferred.
The ability to work with various graphic design software applications commonly used on Mac’s and Adobe Suite Applications – Illustrator – Photoshop – InDesign
Microsoft Office – Excel – Word – PowerPoint
Preps Imposition Software
Offset and Flexographic plate making
Digital Proofing – Xerox – Epson
Spectrophotometer and color management skills
Analytical approach and organizational skills
High attention to detail
Handling of large, delicate, aluminum plates and film material. Lifting consumable containers, and plate material up to 40 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com