By Melissa Jones, Print & Graphic Communications Association Co-President
New training webinars, focused on the fundamentals of print and graphic communications, are now available as a no-cost benefit to Print & Graphic Communications Association members.
PGCA has licensed more than 60 on-demand courses and educational tracks developed by print industry veterans and business consultants at The Print University.
There are currently eight modules available:
- Intro to Production Printing
- Inside the Print Shop
- Operations of a PSP
- Selling Strategies
- Vertical Markets for Print
- Print Workflow & Processes
- Introduction to Finishing
- Market Update
In addition, the program offers suggested tracks by employee position and type of company [download a few examples – for new employees, sales rep, customer service, prepress operator or bindery operator].
“The new training through Print University is ideal for onboarding new hires and refreshing current employees and the targeted tracks help make sure each audience is receiving specific content tailored to their work experience,” said Melissa Jones, PGCA Co-President. “It can also be beneficial for vendors to help them better understand their customers. And for high schools and technical colleges to introduce students to the print industry.”
The cost to utilize Print University is covered by your PGCA membership dues and is a members-only benefit.
Print & Graphic Communications Association members access the webinars through the Member Resource Center section of the website.
- Log in to the members-only Member Resources Center (blue button at the top of the page). Members login with their email address and the password print123
- Scroll down and select “Click Here for Class Options” in the Print University box. All of the available webinars are listed on the next page. Click on a webinar title to proceed to the desired webinar.
Download the list of Training Classes here. Contact PGCA at (716) 691-3211 or email@example.com for questions or assistance with login credentials. We hope you take the opportunity to add these classes to your onboarding procedures or to learn more about the print industry!
Melissa Jones, Co-President
Print & Graphic Communications Association
(716) 691-3211 | firstname.lastname@example.org