Website Case Paper
“Case Paper is one of the largest privately held distributors and converters of paper and board for the printing and packaging industries.”
Maintenance Electro / Mechanical Technician – 1st Shift | Philadelphia, PA | HIRING IMMEDIATELY
*Position eligible for Sign on Bonus*
We’re on a roll so we’re hiring! And if you give a “sheet” about paper then that’s a great start (especially if you can tolerate other tearable puns). Case Paper is a family-owned business that is renowned for its commitment to extreme customer satisfaction. We’re literally and figuratively “On the Case” and have been for 78+ years.
We’re hiring for a new addition to our team here: Maintenance Technician- 1st Shift! What exactly does this position entail, you ask? Well, in addition to the standard battery of magic tricks and superhuman feats that we expect of all our teammates, this position will be responsible for keeping all facility equipment properly maintained and at the ready for operations. The right person needs to be a self-starter, reliable, passionate about their chosen trade. Can work efficiently in a team environment. Completes assigned scheduled preventive maintenance as assigned within the CMMS, work orders and verbal direction as required. Always maintains a safe work environment. Always works in a safety conscious manner for self and others. If that’s not specific enough for you, try this list on for size:
- Perform both preventive maintenance and reactive maintenance on all production equipment.
- Answers and preforms all maintenance calls, PMs, inspections, and projects in a timely manner.
- Diagnose mechanical and basic electrical problems using machine manuals, machine blueprints, machine schematics, logic diagrams, PID diagrams, basic measuring tools, and electrical test tools.
- High mechanical and electrical aptitude to troubleshoot VFDs, relays, motor started, overloads, transformers, sensors, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC troubleshooting, bearings, milling machines, lath, multimeter, megohmmeter.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools such as micrometer, vernier caliper, dial indicator, protractor angle locator, ruler, feeler gauges.
- Ability to use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions. Safely operate, power tools, forklifts, and hand tools
- Welding, gas cutting, plasma cutting, fabrication skills.
- Preform other duties as directed.
- Ability to use a PC, Microsoft Office format, cell phone (calls, text, email), I-Pad.
- Independent self-starter who works within a team collaboration environment.
- Effective communication skills to interact with peers, management, operators, and operations management.
- Work closely with the maintenance manager, maintenance supervisor and operations management.
- “Other duties as assigned” (of course we would add this one!)
We’re ideally looking for a teammate with at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. It would be super if you had experience in a manufacturing environment and even better if you have worked in packaging, print, or web handling (lamination, sheeting, slitting/rewinding). Bonus points if you are familiar with PLC controls and programming. We’d love it if you’ve had previous management or leadership positions. This experience will help you to make an immediate impact on the operation.
You’ll impress us if you have advanced education in related field (engineering, maintenance, mechanical/automotive, etc.) -OR- if you have High school diploma or GED. Your educational background should provide you the tools and ideas you need in order to know what makes a world-class maintenance operation, but if you don’t have the formal book learning, we still value the hard work, experience, curiosity, and best practices you can bring from other positions and workplaces and ability to work overtime and Saturdays as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
They say that “Excellence is not a skill; it is an attitude.” We wholeheartedly agree! Still, we are also looking for someone with excellent skills:
- Skill in the use of a PC, Windows Office and highly preferred formality with CMMS for inventory, purchasing and work order data input.
- Ability to understand and follow specific written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to work at elevated heights from a ladder or mobile lift.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, snow, rain, ice removal, dirt, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Lastly, some other job details: You’ll need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship to throw you hat into the ring for this one. This job is located in Philadelphia, PA. This position is for first shift depending on candidate availability, but there may be times that other hours are required for training or coverage issues, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, or even overnight. While we’re open to all candidates, we’re not offering any relocation benefits at this time (sad face). All new teammates will be subject to a background check and drug screening, which results won’t necessarily affect employment opportunities. This is our first whack at this job description, so the final job might be subject to some changes. Hey, that’s what being flexible is all about!
All Sound Good? Here is the Silver Lining
At Case Paper, we value diversity and welcome all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, family status. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick leave, as well as multiple options for medical and dental insurance. We also offer optional life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and accident insurance. But most important, you’ll have a chance to make awesome products and work with fantastic people who are great at what they do!
About Case Paper:
Case Paper is one of the largest privately held distributors and converters of paper and board for the printing and packaging industries. We’re not talking copier paper (think more about paper used for signage, brochures, or direct mail) and not the cardboard that carries your Amazon Prime orders (our products are used more for packaging cosmetics, food, technology, and cbd to name a few). Our core values are (1) Flexible, (2) Own It, (3) Reputation Matters, (4) Teamwork and (5) Humor. It’s easy to remember if you’re a Star Wars fan…may the “F.O.R.T.H.” be with you! We are always looking for those who can aspire to improve our workplace atmosphere through honest hard work, a great attitude, a little bit of curiosity, and a big sense of humor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org